Friday, September 17, 2010

My daughter is so much cooler than you...and me.



















*Chloe and I driving to school listening to The Clash*

Daughter: "I'm playing drums!"

Dad: *joins in on the drumming* "So Am I!"

Daughter: "You need to play a different instrument."

Dad: *switches to bass guitar* "Ok, I'm the bass player and your're the drummer."

*jamming out to The Guns of Brixton for a minute*

Dad: "We're in a band, what should we call it?"

Daughter: "I don't know."

Dad: "Well, we need a name for our band so people will know who we are."

Daughter: "I don't know"

Dad: "Pick a name, any name you want."

(this is where I prepare myself for the inevitable "We're the Princesses!")

Daughter: ........long pause.......... "A Bird!"

Dad: "Where!?"

Daughter: "No silly, that's the name of our band!"

Dad: "A Bird?"

Daughter "Yeah, A Bird."

Dad: "Awesome band name Chloe!"

Daughter: ........stops drumming puts thumb in mouth......"Yeah, I know, we're awesome."

1 comment:

  1. such an awesome band name, kudos to your daughter and give her a high five for me, meta in only the way a child could...

    ReplyDelete