Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Quite possibly the last time she'll believe in the fat old man.

It's been quite sometime since I posted one of these.  I can't decide if it is laziness, or that she has now started saying hilarious things so much I can't keep up...regardless.   This Christmas convincing her of Santa was harder than ever, she's 2 days away from turning 6 and with that comes ALOT more common sense.  I mean how does he get into our house if we don't have a chimney?  And don't get me started on the multiple Santa's around town stuff. Tellulah and I pulled it off again this time, or so I like to believe we did.

A few days after Christmas, coming up from the basement.....

Daughter:  "HEY! I know where Santa got the wrapping paper for my gifts."

Dad: *knowing I didn't put them away I kind of freeze trying to come up with something* "Oh, where?"

Daughter: *giant grin on her face pointing at pile of wrapping paper* "From down here."

Dad: "What!?" *runs down the steps and smiles* "Oh cool, Santa must have left his extra wrapping paper for us!"

--LONG UNCOMFORTABLE PAUSE--

Daughter: "Wow....he's really nice............but sneaky"

Dad: *turns to find her giving me a penetrating stare* "Yeah...sneaky...."

No comments:

Post a Comment