Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Honesty...the "Fresh-Maker"










*laying in bed reading to a sad looking Chloe*

Dad: "Hey, you look sad. Is there something you want to talk about?"

Daughter: "I'm sorry I said I don't love you anymore."

Dad: "Oh sweety, it's ok, I know it's frustrating to have to be told it's time for bed. I know you want to stay up and play but you have school in the morning and you are tired. I am very proud of you for having the courage to apologize. We all say things we sometimes don't mean and I understand, and I know you love me and I love you more than anything in the whole world."

Daughter: "Am I the most important thing in the whole world?"

Dad: "Yes, you certainly are."

Daughter: "Am I beautiful?"

Dad: "Yes, the most beautiful!"

Daughter: "Your breath stinks...."

Dad: *blank stare-turns, clears throat, and continues reading*

1 comment: